"Nice Game Pretty Boy!"

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

"I Can't Figure Out What's Going on Here. I Can't Follow the Plot. Why Did They Kill That Guy? I Thought He was With Them?"


**SPOILER ALERT***
IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THIS WEEK'S EPISODE OF LOST, THEN YOU MAY NOT WANT TO READ ANY FUTHER. OKAY. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED. PROCEED:Amazing episode of Lost last night, this time featuring some really unexpected plot developments involving our favorite Tailies. Okay, maybe not entirely unexpected). (Actually, I have learned that Ana Lucia's fate was sealed as soon as Michelle Rodriguez joined the show, and had nothing to do with the drunk driving incident.) We had thought the big reveal from last night would be Ana Lucia's riding shotgun along side Jack's father for some madcap drinking adventures in Australia. But no, the show thew us a wicked curve with Michael turning the gun on Ana Lucia and finally shutting her up for good. Unfortunately, because I was out most of the evening at a Scotch Tasting, I was a little too inebriated to process everything that went on last night. This episode will definitely require another viewing on my part before I can properly digest all the new developments. In the meantime, the full Entertainment Weekly recap is available here. And here are the questions my friends have been buzzing about:

1. Who is the mystery woman with whom Jack's father apparently sired a daughter (and Jack's half-sister)? And who is the daugher? Could it be Claire?

2. What did (Fake) Henry (or "Fenry" as they call him on the boards) mean when he said he was coming for Locke, and that Locke was "one of the good ones"? Does this have anything to do with that list of castaway that the Talies found, which Goodwin had said reflected the names of the "good" castaways?

3. Is Libby dead? As the EW recap noted, Michael's shot aimed at Libby's pevlis, which was covered by some blankets she was holding (and possibly something behind them). I have a hard time believing the writers would have built up such a mystery about Libby only to kill her off before we figured anything out. But you never know.

4. Finally, what the hell happened to Michael? Was he brainwashed? Did he make some Lando Calresian-esque deal to sell out his friends in order to save Walt? Did he just snap from all those days wandering alone in the jungle. Is he just revving up the group in an effort to start a war? Clearly that story he gave the group about the Others living in tents and wearing tattered clothing isn't true (and, from the looks of the reaction shot, Kate, who knows better, wasn't buying it).

These are just some questions based on my drunken viewing last night and some e-mails. Are there any other thoughts? One more thing, for Mr. Met. Here's a nice picture of Evangeline for you.

14 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger michael o., at 2:28 PM  

  • Oh, I've seen that picture. I almost put it on my site today, but her head looks HUGE. HUGE!!!!!

    I didn't see Lost as I was drinking beer and I DVR'd it. I didn't read your post and you almost ruined things for me.

    By Blogger michael o., at 2:29 PM  

  • I'm sorry. I hate to ruin LOST for anyone. I have posted a Spoiler Alert at the top to prevent any future problems. It may be too late for you, though Mike. I will remember next time.

    By Blogger BookieD, at 2:33 PM  

  • No, no apolgies necessary. I turned away as fast as if I walked in on mommy and daddy doing it. All is safe. Nothing is spoiled.

    By Blogger michael o., at 3:20 PM  

  • Good. I hate to ruin anybody's LOST experience. BTW, I don't think Evengelines's head looks too big in that pic. I chose that one because her body is so smokin' in it. That hobbit is one lucky guy.

    By Blogger BookieD, at 3:28 PM  

  • Yes, her body is smoking. I don't like Dominic for obvious reasons.

    By Blogger michael o., at 4:53 PM  

  • I just watch the episode. Nuts...

    I think Michael had a deal going and he needed to do it to get Walt back. However, Henry would sell him out when they come back to him if they weren't in on it together unless Michael killed Henry too and we just did not see it.

    I don't think Libby is dead, Hurley did not look to torn up in the previews. I would assume he would be jacked up, but just nuts. NUTS! The story about the others did not add up though since we know they dress in regular clothes and had that lab all set up. I think Michael is lying abou that and maybe just setting up a trap to get Walt back.

    By Blogger michael o., at 11:50 PM  

  • Hey! Long time listener, first time poster...

    Great episode...although I thought it was a bit obvious from the get-go that Michael had turned...him just showing up by himself, the questions that he asked..but did not see him gunning down ana lucia and libby...great stuff!

    About Libby...it was hard to tell, and I was too lazy to rewind, but there seemed to be an awful lot of blood on the floor from Libby. Did you notice? I refuse to watch the previews - I enjoy being totally unknowing of what's to come.

    Also, I'm on board with the Claire-Jack connection. Does anyone remember anything about her family situation in her flash back scene way back about having the baby?

    By Blogger SonnyD, at 10:24 AM  

  • I'm pretty sure Michael didn't kill henry. He clearly turned the gun on himself at the end. My best guess is that he is trying to make it look like Henry somehow got control of a gun shot him, AL and Libby and ran off.

    Most people agree that Michael made some sort of desperate deal to get Walt back. We'll see if the castaways catch on.

    By Blogger BookieD, at 12:07 PM  

  • About Libby...it was hard to tell, and I was too lazy to rewind, but there seemed to be an awful lot of blood on the floor from Libby. Did you notice? I refuse to watch the previews - I enjoy being totally unknowing of what's to come.

    You are right...i'm not sure what I was thinking. I was delerious for hours to TV between the Mets game and DVR'd stuff I was catching up on. Libby has to be dead or she would rat Michael out.

    But why would Henry not fess up? They will all want to give him a slow torterous death unless Michael spin controls it.

    The more you think about it, the Michael situation was sketchy. The guy held his own out in the woods against people who continually kick everyone's ass and seem to be all knowing and everywhere? They heard Jack screaming, had Michael in custody, and hatched the plan. Sent him running out and that was were his 'fake' passing out gig came from.

    By Blogger michael o., at 1:46 PM  

  • I will watch again for the blood, but I'm not yet ready to accept that Libby is dead. Again, I can't believe the writers would short-circuit the juicy storyline of Libby and Hurley. Also, maybe that wasn't blood. Maybe she had one of those Dharma food canisters under the blankest for Hurley to consume on their picnic-date.

    By Blogger BookieD, at 1:50 PM  

  • Man, I just looked at AL and Libby's mugshots on the smoking gun...wow! they look fucked up. Even when the camera is out and about during a night of boozing, never do any of us look that bad...

    I wonder if ABC is dumping them cuz of this...I doubt it. They alluded to the Hurley/Libby connection in the episode, can't just kill her off, can they?

    I love this show.

    By Blogger SonnyD, at 2:35 PM  

  • I will watch again for the blood, but I'm not yet ready to accept that Libby is dead. Again, I can't believe the writers would short-circuit the juicy storyline of Libby and Hurley. Also, maybe that wasn't blood. Maybe she had one of those Dharma food canisters under the blankest for Hurley to consume on their picnic-date.

    Good point. She was getting wine, but she would blow the whistle on Michael. Unless she conveniently blacked out. But in the scenes, Hurley was saying to Michael, "well at least you are ok" You would think they would be a little upset with him.

    I'm a little upset thought. I thought Anna was going to become a complete slut and start sleeping with everyone.

    By Blogger michael o., at 3:15 PM  

  • I just rewatched the eposide. There is no blood on the floor near Libby. The red color is the tile on the floor of the Hatch. I think she's alive.

    By Blogger BookieD, at 11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home